The glass firm Mandruzzato was founded in 1934 on the island of Murano, Venice, Italy, by Benjamin Mandruzzato. After Benjamin died in 1954, the factory was run by his son Luigi Mandruzzato. In 1965 Luigi was joined by his son, Gianfranco Mandruzzato, who took over the running of the company two years later.
At first the company made glass lighting fixtures and then began producing ornaments, vases, ashtrays, and other art glass. Mandruzzato is probably best known for their geometric shaped vases and bowls, inspired by earlier work by Luigi and Gianfranco in collaboration with Pablo Picasso. The firm is now run by Gianfranco's son Alessandro Mandruzzato and became fully trademarked in 2011.
Each item in this collection was hand blown, hand cut and none are the same. This is a rare offering of our personal collection of Mandruzzato glass that range from the 1950s to 1970s, featuring an array of colours, shapes, patterns and sizes. We only collect Mandruzzato from this era because they are considered the best of the best by Mandruzzato collectors.